Sunday 16 June 2013

A Minor Bird

By Robert Frost

I have wished a bird would fly away,
And not sing by my house all day;

Have clapped my hands at him from the door
When it seemed as if I could bear no more.

The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song. 







This poem is about the many people have raised their voices and decided to speak their mind but are often turn away and ignored simply because one does not like the idea of it as it does not settle well in their life. They then feel remorse as they realise that although it would not work out for one person, it would help many more in return.
The theme of it is to listen to what others have to say and before acting out rashly. Think over your actions and the consequences before decided what is best.
This poem is structured with couplets and has a rhyme scheme of aa bb cc dd.

No comments:

Post a Comment